Tiramisu is a traditional Italian layered dessert typically flavoured with coffee, however, we’ve given our pots an Indian twist with aromatic flavours of chai!
4 chai tea bags
200ml whole milk
4 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
150g sponge fingers
1 pint double cream
5 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
70g crystallised ginger, chopped
30g cocoa powder
- Heat the milk in a saucepan and infuse the chai tea bags, cinnamon, and crushed cardamom pods for 8 minutes until you can smell the aromas.
- Set aside and let the chai mixture cool slightly.
- Whip together the mascarpone, double cream, 3 tablespoons of milk mixture, and caster sugar until a thick mixture. Gently fold in the chopped crystallised ginger.
- Lightly dip the sponge fingers into the chai milk mixture for a few second, being careful they don’t get too soggy.
- Layer the sponge fingers and the creamy mixture in serving pots or glasses.
- Lightly dust each pot with cocoa powder and let set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.